I LOVE LIVER!!! You'll love this recipe if you love liver like me and if you don't love liver ordinarily, you should try it too, it's delicious, you might be a convert and beef liver is really cheap, what's not to love. I don't know about other animals, I'm sure chicken liver would be cheap too. This is a very common recipe which means it's very easy.
Green bell pepper
Ketchup - 1tablespoon
Knorr cube(very little)
1. Put clean liver in a pot with salt to taste and bay leaf, let boil for 10minutes.
2. After boiling, take out the liver and throw the "stock" out, you won't need that
|Not so appetizing. I know!|
3. Cut liver into bite size, cut onions and scotch bonnet, mince ginger and garlic
4. Add oil to a pan on low heat. When the oil is hot add onion, garlic and ginger
5. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger till it gets brown or to your taste
6. Add liver, knorr, chilli powder and salt(if needed) to the frying onion. Stir continuously till the liver is a little bit brown
7. Add ketchup, scotch bonnet and green bell pepper to frying liver(You can add other bell peppers if you wish). Cover and let it fry(still on low heat) for an additional 10minutes and stir every 2minutes.
8. Voila! Fried liver is ready!!
9. Now serve with whatever. As a nigerian, rice will do :D