Wednesday, November 14, 2012

GROWING LONG NAILS


My nails, last year, December.
Please don't laugh at my small hand biko. Sankio! And yes the nails are all mine!!

My nails grow really long and beautiful if I take proper care of them. I haven't been wearing my nails long, for sometime. My friend dared me, so it'd be short till summer. Lol! I might change my mind though.

I know many people especially women would like to grow nice nails, so I've decided to gather some tips, from experience, online and others. Read and be blessed.


1. BITING NAILS: Don't bite your nails, I repeat don't bite your nails, ever again. I used to bite my nails when I was younger and then I made a conscious effort to stop. I stopped in Primary 4. Biting your nails makes your nails grow ugly, I don't know why, but it does. I've seen lots of nail biters who try to grow their nails but it doesn't look too good.


2. HANDS IN WATER: Having my hands in water for too long spoils my nails. If you have to do so much dishes use those kitchen gloves. I don't always abide by this rule but I try sometimes.
Kitchen gloves - They come in different sizes


3. CUTTING YOUR NAILS: Cutting your nails with a nail cutter causes cracks on your nails and would make them break. I never cut my nails with a nail cutter. If you must cut your nails with a nail cutter, soak them in water for a bit so it'd be soft. But nail files are the best.
This works for me!


4. ARTIFICIAL NAILS: I don't know about any other person but artificial nails destroy my natural nails. Maybe it's the glue, maybe the gel, maybe anything. I have tried fixing artificial nails, 3 times and those 3 times it took so long for my natural nails to recover. They would break before you say "Mercy Johnson", looking so rough and ugly. You know different strokes for different folks. If this happens to you after using artificial nails then you should probably stay away from them not try to hide it by fixing another set.
Emmmm how does she wipe her ass.... Just wondering!


5. LIMIT: I believe everybodys nails has a limit in length, know your limit, don't try to grow "Eucharia" looking nails, if it's too much for your nails, they'd break to level 0. So know your length limit. I see people gluing their broken nails(natural nails) together. I find it funny! Their nails are always super duper long. Is there any need for that length? Really?
I don't think she wipes her ass

6. MOISTURIZING: After every hand wash, moisturize your hand and also concentrate on your nails too. I don't think there's anything special about a "hand cream" except it been portable most times. Any moisturizer would do, really.



7. NAIL STRENGTHENERS: Use nail strengtheners, if you think you need one. I haven't used any before. But if I do I'd recommend a good one.


8. VITAMINS: I have never used this either. Some come in form of oil from what I've seen. You drop the oil on your nails after washing. While others come in form of tablets. If you think your condition is very bad. Then you can try this. Or better still just try it for trying sake.  
I'm not endorsing this in particular. Just showing what it looks like.

9. FOOD: I noticed when I don't eat properly, my nails don't grow properly. So I guess food plays a major role too. Iron(Unripe plantain), Zinc(Egg), Calcium(Milk, Yogurt), Protein, Vitamin A&C(Bell peppers, watermelon, mangoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.)
Do you have any other tip for growing long, healthy nails. Add them below :)

Thanks for reading.
CoyIntrovert

32 comments:

  1. My nails don't grow that long o! You have pretty hands! :)

    As my nails gets longer, it starts to chip....I'm not sure what the cause it though. Those nails are too long! How are they suppose to write or even shake someone? Hmmm!

    I recently learned that, putting a bit of lemon juice on your nails can help them grow. Doing that everyday is best though.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you hun!! Lemon wow. That lemon is like magic. It does everything. @Nadora_ just told me biotin works too. If it's important to you. You might want to try it. I might try it too especially because of my hair..

      Delete
  2. Don't use your nails to scratch your nair,hair tears nails,look at your comb after a while you'll understand this!
    Use nail varnishes that last on nails to coat nails.
    Avoid excess heat on nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nail and hair thing is so true. Sometimes your nails just hook to your hair when scratching it.

    Oh heat too. When the water is too hot, my nails look so weird and ugly

    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really short nail beds (i'm the only one in my fam who does) but my nails grow really long really fast. I have no idea why. I don't do anything special to them nor do i take care of them. i guess i just got lucky lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes some people are just very lucky, like me :D but some have to take extra time and effort to get all our fabulousness lmao. Don't mind me oh

      Delete
  5. Beautiful...I cant grow mine cos of my job sha..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post!!! I see a beauty and glamour tab..can't wait to see more :D
    the thing with me is i can grow my nails long but then it starts to break/chip :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should consider using a nail strengthener.

      I'm excited too!!! Yay!!!

      Delete
  7. Ah, i wish. Your nails are beautiful. I'll be trying those tips though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie!! Oh yeah pls do try them

      Delete
  8. nice nails... thanks for the tips. I've got long nails too but I dont take care or have time for them but will try and follow the tips given. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. all these tips for nails?.....na wa o.
    my nails grow if i leave them and they are really fine too *bats lashes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Holds your eyelashes* Bat it again let me see you. Lol
      It takes some people a while to grow nails oh.

      Delete
  10. Even though I love long nails, my teeth doesn't allow them to grow that long. What do you suggest I tell my teeth? I love your blog, first time here and following, hope you don't mind following me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! :)
      Tell your teeth to leave your nails alone and concentrate on food.
      I'd definitely check out your blog!!

      Delete
  11. Fine nails run in my family but since i'm a guy,i can't keep nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you even keep it. Na me go cut am sef. LOL!

      Delete
  12. very very jealous!! .... y nails WILL NEVER grow long, I am a number 1-4 offender.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looool! you're the biggest offender sef! 1-4 Haba...At least you know the problem. Now you know the solution, start working on it oh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been fixing my nails for abt 14yrs now. Infact, i feel naked without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's been going on for so long. Is it that you don't like your natural nails or you just prefer artificial nails?

      Delete
    2. I think its a habit. The best I have come to keeping my real nails is wrapping them.I love the finished look of well groomed nails

      Delete
    3. Yeah freshly manicured nails are to die for. As long as u're satisfied with it. Then that's all that matters. Keep rocking it :)

      Delete
  15. great tips....i never file my nails it just takes way to long always nail cutter till i'm satisfied but I shall be following that tip hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take so long for me. In fact nail cutter takes so long to me and I get so scared of using a nail cutter too. I guess I'm just used to using nail files. Pls borrow oh jare

      Delete
  16. My nails don't grow very long before they break, just because of water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water is the killer of nails I tell you. And there's no way we can run away from it.

      Delete
  17. Chai, see oppression na. Your nails are lovely! My nails never grow...granted I did the vitamin thing and they were trying, but the broke off soon after. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!!!! I think some people naturally have tender nails.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...